Hands-On Day Trip
If your little ones love to get their hands dirty, we’ve got the perfect day planned for you at National Harbor.
- Start the day with a pirate themed cruise from Urban Pirates! Your family will learn to walk, talk, and act like pirates on the 90-minute adventure. Remember to show your wristband to The Capital Wheel's ticket booth for discounted Wheel tickets!
- Next, head to the Carousel for some family fun. $7+ tax/child gets you unlimited spins all day!
- The cherry on top of any day at National Harbor is a ride on The Capital Wheel! After tuckering out your little ones with an active day, they’ll love the thrill and wonder of a ride 180 feet in the air.
Excited to get here? Find out the quickest way with our directions.
Join The Capital Wheel Kid's Club!
Enjoy exclusive offers and special perks when you sign up for The Capital Wheel Kids Club. For just $17 plus tax, receive a:
- Free ride on The Capital Wheel & The Carousel on the day you sign up
- Kids Club Member Button and T-Shirt
- Early VIP entry to events with your Membership Card
- Free ride on The Capital Wheel & The Carousel on your birthday
Visit our ticket booth for more information. Operating hours and price are subject to change without notice. Management reserves all rights. Membership valid for one year from sign up date.
The Carousel is open Sunday - Thursday, 12pm-8pm and Friday - Saturday, 12pm-10pm. *Note: The Carousel will be closed on Saturday, September 9th for a private event.
This 36-foot, Americana-themed carousel sits on National Plaza at the north end of National Harbor along the waterfront. In addition, enjoy the nearby newly-built playground, toddler play area and picnic tables for families looking to relax and soak up some sun at the harbor. The Carousel is ADA accessible, offering ramps and benches on the ride, as well as a clip-in area for one wheelchair. Click here to learn more.